SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 15 MIN + 30 MIN MARINATING COOKING TIME: 10 MIN
- Cut the chicken into long thin slices, about 2cm wide.
- In a large snaplock back or shallow glass bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, garlic, onion, lemon juice, pepper, sugar, kecap manis, tomato ketchup and the lemonade or beer (this tenderises and adds flavour to the chicken). Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Thread the chicken strips onto the soaked bamboo skewers, reserving the marinade.
- Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook the skewers for about 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning and basting with the reserved marinade.
- Serve skewers sprinkled with green onions and sesame seeds with jasmine rice, and steamed Asian greens.